I recently got back from a quick trip to Prague! I went with a friend and we spent about three days there. It is so beautiful! All of the buildings are in different styles but similar pastel colouring so it all ties in together so nicely. Every street looks like it could be a film set.
While being a tourist, I picked up on a few things..
- Beer/cider is about the same price as coke. Yaaaaaaaaasss
- If you use the tram, get your ticket validated on the tram ASAP. (My friend and I got taken off the tram and forced to pay a 800 CZK fee because we hadn’t looked at the ticket properly… Sad times).
- Restaurants in Old Town Square are unnecessarily expensive. I’m talking £15 for chicken and chips.
- The Astronomical Clock is beautiful…. not really worth queuing to see it bong though. But do grab a Clock magnet at one of the little tourist shops. They are cute.
- GO TO THE CASTLE.
- Charles Bridge is worth it for the architecture and the stalls. There is also this really great restaurant on the Old Town Square side which has a viewing deck. We went at night and the views were amazing.
I would absolutely go again! It was sunny, it was beautiful and there was a quite a lot to do. Museums, art galleries, castle, churches… I could easily have spent a month there. In fact, I might just start planning my trip back…